Visual illusions are a natural form of magic because our mind cannot help being deceived by some geometrical patterns. The Jastrow Illusion is one of the most common visual illusions. In this natural deception, two boomerang shapes seem to be different in size, while they are in reality identical.
The Jastrow illusion is also known to magicians as the boomerang illusion.
Magicians tend to underestimate the power of this simple trick. This illusion
The Jastrow Illusion in Magic provides an in-depth review of the psychology of this illusion. Readers will learn how it psychologists discovered this illusion and how they still use it in the laboratory. The book also contains a template for the most deceiving design for a close-up boomerang. The book delves into the history of the use of this principle in magic. The last part of the book explains how to develop your magic routine with this quirky prop.
The Jastrow Illusion in Magic calls for a come-back of the boomerang illusion in magic and will inspire magicians to develop their own version.
“I learned quite a bit that was new and valuable to me”—Robert Neale.
“If you are interested in the Jastrow Illusion, you’re in for a treat”—Bill Trotter.
“This is very valuable information for anyone who wants to make their own set of curved sticks”—Jim Kleefield
Boomerang Illusion Performances
Boomerang Illusion Versions
- Adair, Ian (n.d.). Monkey Puzzle, Funtime Innovations.
- Adair, Ian (n.d.). Fishy Tale, Funtime Innovations.
- Adair, Ian (2006). Butterfly Puzzle, Funtime Innovations.
- Anonymous (n.d.). Donkey-Monkey Competition, Funtime Innovations.
- Anonymous (ca. 1978). Baffl’n Boomerangs Viking Magic.
- Anonymous (2009). Baffling Boomerangs. Magic Makers.
- Foster, Mark and Wood, Daniel (2015). World Famous Boomerang Illusion. Mission Magic.
- Franke, Harry G. (n.y.). Fish Tales. Daytona Magic.
- Leach, Chuck (2006). Boomerang Cards Across. Chazpro Magic.
- Mizoguchi, Arch Illusion, SEO Magic.
- Murray, George and Jorgenson, Tom (1990). Magic Color Changing Boomerangs. Nielsen Magic.
- Rogers, Terri (2000). Top of the Bill. A Close-Up Illusion. Martin Breese International.
- Suzuki Toru, (2000) Sakkaku Scale. Tenyo.